Luxury Holidays in Madagascar
The world’s fourth largest island, Madagascar is a vast magical land just waiting to be discovered.
A former French colony, it offers a beguiling range of things to do and see as well as many areas to be explored. Rich in flora and fauna, much of which is found nowhere else on earth, a typical trip can include the lemurs of the Perinet Reserve, the baobabs of Morondava, the whales of Sainte Marie and the narrow streets and alleyways of charming Antananarivo, and while the infrastructure may be poor, the rewards are rich. The jewel in Madagascar’s crown, however, is the offshore island of Nosy Be and its outlying neighbours. Largely undeveloped but boasting some superb beach hideaways, this really is island paradise. With whiter sands, clearer seas and more dramatic settings and sunsets than any of its Indian Ocean rivals, the idyll is completed by virgin beaches with nesting turtles and playful dolphins.
Book Your Luxury Madagascar Holiday Today. Call us on 020 7843 3500 or Enquire here.
- Spot many of the various species of lemur
- Track turtles as they come ashore
- Marvel at the baobab landscape
- Take a sunset cruise dolphin-spotting
- Visit a vanilla farm for a unique souvenir
- Dry – April to November
- Green – January to March
- Point to notice – South west can get extremely hot in the summer, but is cool with blue skies and minimal rain in the winter. The central highlands from May to October can become cold, windy and unpredictable showers.
- Variety of Lemurs, Tenrecs, Silky Sifakas
- Capital – Antananarivo
- Currency – Ariary
- Point of Entry – Antananarivo
- Airlines – Air Madagascar & Air France via Paris, Kenya Airways via Nairobi, South African Airways via Johannesburg
- Flying Time – 3 hours 10 minutes from Johannesburg
- Time Zone – GMT +3
- Visa on arrival
- Medical Requirements – Malaria prophylaxis recommended
When to go
- For whale-watching travel in July & August
- The wettest period is from January to March
- Perfect weather for the beaches of Nosy Be is from April to October
- If travelling from Nosy Be back to the UK consider breaking your journey in The Comoros – home to turtles, lemurs and extraordinary fruit bats
- Take a travel neck pillow for lengthy overland journeys as the roads can be poor
- Swot up on your school French, English is rarely spoken in remote areas
- Don’t try to cram too much into a trip – it is a very large island and road journeys can be long
- Try to include a stay on Tsarabanjina; the sea is clearer, the sand whiter and the sky bluer than anywhere else in the Indian Ocean
Days: 10 | From: £3,095 per person based on two sharingBe amazed by Madagascar – it truly is an island paradise! On this adventure you will escape to a small pristine island just off Madagascar, here you will be able to relax to your hearts content on the deserted beaches, or for those who want to be a little more active there is an array of ...
Days: 12 | From: £2,375 per person based on two sharingBe awe-inspired by Madagascar – visit the Andasibe National Park to see a cheeky lemur and the Montane forest, followed by a stay on Ile Ste Marie for some R&R on the pristine white beaches. Insiders tip: travel between June and September and you may be able to see humpback whales.&n...
Days: 14 | From: £5,999 per person based on two people sharingThis 14 day itinerary shows off the very best that the magical island of Madagascar has to offer. Discover extraordinary landscapes, incredible wildlife and fascinating Malagsay culture before ending your holiday relaxing on the beach.Brief Overview: 2 nights Andasibe-Mantadia National Park&nb...
Days: 13 | From: £2,365 per person based on two people sharingDiscover the best of Madagascar during this fascinating 13 day tour with lemurs, colourful tribes, tropical beaches, bustling markets and ever-changing scenery. Begin your adventure in the historic capital Antananarivo and travel through unspoilt nature, the dense forests of Andasibe, the eroded hil...
Why book with us
Why choose Africa Travel?
- Best price guarantee
- First hand knowledge
- 100% Tailor-made
- Unbiased advice
- Local contacts world-wide
- Exclusive deals
- We offer 24 hour emergency assistance, providing peace of mind
- Offices in both the UK & South Africa
Our value promise
- Whether you seek a spectacular safari holiday, a blissful beach break, a cultural escapade, or something else entirely, there is no one better equipped to deal with your requests than Africa Travel. With over 30 years of experience in crafting bespoke itineraries, we know exactly what it takes to make your next African adventure special and always go above and beyond to exceed expectations.
Our first-hand experience combines with our careful attention to detail and unquenchable passion for all things Africa to ensure that we deliver the perfect holiday every time, get in touch today to begin planning yours.
Your Holiday Protection
- All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. Our ATOL number is 3384. For more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
Speak to an Africa Travel Expert
- All our African holidays are bespoke experiences, tailored to your unique requirements. For more details call 020 7843 3500 or enquire here.