Luxury Mauritius Holidays
Exquisite and exotic, Mauritius is an island for all seasons, all weathers and all tastes.
For centuries it has absorbed what it needs from visitors, conquerors, traders and pirates, whether they were French, Chinese, English, Dutch, Indian or East African, who all came to rest, stay or plunder. Hence it is now the most cosmopolitan of all the Indian Ocean islands. Whilst the coastline is near perfect with beautiful beaches and hidden coves, its interior offers mountains and forests, waterfalls and sparkling rivers alongside the occasional dormant volcano. The rich and luxuriant soil is why the vegetation is dense with more than 1,000 indigenous plants, and it is also why the island once got so rich from its sugar crops and plantations, remnants of which can still be explored today.
Book Your Mauritius Holiday Today. Call us on 020 7843 3500 or Enquire here.
- Learn to Scuba dive
- Explore the Botanical Gardens at Pamplemousse
- Shop at Port Louis’ market
- Journey into the forests and mountains
- Enjoy Creole cuisine
- Dry – May to October, but seen as the Winter months.
- Green – January to March. Although that is the summer with February as the hottest month.
- Visit the endangered Macaque Monkeys
- Spot the Mauritian Flying Fox (bat)
- Capital – Port Louis
- Currency – Mauritian Rupee
- Point of Entry – Mauritius Airport
- Airlines – British Airways
- Flying Time – 11 hours 50 minutes
- Time Zone – GMT +4
- Visa not required
- Medical Requirements – None
When to go
- August sees the return of the Kiteival Festival. An even open to all levels of Kite surfers, you’ll discover different lagoons and compete against the very best.
- Countless religious festivals to cover their wide range or faiths.
- Bring a bottle of duty free with you – most spirits are imported and are very expensive
- Pick your coastline on Mauritius carefully as some areas get very windy at certain times of the year
- The best value flights over Christmas tend to get booked up 11½ months in advance so try to book in January
Days: 10 | From: £1,195 per person based on family of four (2 adults and 2 children under 12)Family time is hard to come by these days with our clashing schedules. But have no fear, pick up the kids and spend some quality time together on the beaches of Mauritius. With plenty of activities for everyone to get involved in or simply a good book by the pool, this holiday hasn't forgotten w...
Days: 9 | From: £1,675 per person based on 2 people sharingA honeymoon is a holiday you will never forget - and what is more perfect than making your first marital memories in Mauritius? Snuggle up at The Residence for a seven night adventure and embark on water sports galore, relax in the spa or flop onto the pristine white sands. The choice is y...
Days: 14 | From: £3,125 per person based on 2This 13-night itinerary allows you to the experience the very best of Africa’s safari and beaches, as you embark on exciting games drives to view the big 5 in South Africa before venturing on to relax on the beautiful beaches of Mauritius. Your trip will begin at the luxurious Garonga Saf...
Why book with us
Why choose us?
- Best price guarantee
- First hand knowledge
- 100% Tailor-made
- Unbiased advice
- Local contacts world-wide
- Exclusive deals
- We offer 24 hour emergency assistance, providing peace of mind
- Offices in both the UK & South Africa
Our value promise
- Whether you seek a spectacular safari holiday, a blissful beach break, a cultural escapade, or something else entirely, there is no one better equipped to deal with your requests than Africa Travel. With over 30 years of experience in crafting bespoke itineraries, we know exactly what it takes to make your next African adventure special and always go above and beyond to exceed expectations.
Our first-hand experience combines with our careful attention to detail and unquenchable passion for all things Africa to ensure that we deliver the perfect holiday every time, get in touch today to begin planning yours.
Your Holiday Protection
- All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. Our ATOL number is 3384. For more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
Speak to an Africa Travel Expert
- All our African holidays are bespoke experiences, tailored to your unique requirements. For more details call 020 7843 3500 or enquire here.