British Airways flight upgrades
At Africa Travel, we are more than just a luxury, bespoke tour operator. We are travel junkies, aviation enthusiasts and we are passionate about Africa. We get excited about new routes, new aircraft, and of course, flight upgrades.
We were one of the first tour operators in the UK to receive Preferred Partner status with British Airways, which guarantees us the best rates on flights to worldwide destinations. If you are interested in upgrading to a premium class cabin, it is more affordable than you may think. Not sure of the benefits, please read below.
World Traveller Plus
If you want to make your flight a bit more comfortable without breaking the bank, an upgrade to World Traveller Plus is an affordable way to make your trip special. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or accommodating a nervous flyer, travelling World Traveller Plus makes long haul journeys more relaxing. Here are the benefits of British Airways’ equivalent of Premium Economy service:
- a wider seat with greater recline, lumbar support, head rest and foot rest
- extra leg room to stretch out, sit back and relax, sleep or work
- comfy cushion, blanket and amenity kit with toothbrush, toothpaste, flight socks and eye mask
- small, intimate cabins with expert, attentive service
- delicious meals and full bar service
- personal entertainment system with noise-reducing headphones and a screen that is 60% larger
- larger free baggage allowance
British Airways’ Business Class service isn’t just for business travellers. It is a popular option for discerning leisure travellers who realise that their holiday begins at the airport. With pre-departure perks and in flight indulgences, flying Club World helps combat jet lag on long haul flights to allow you to get the most out of your holiday. Treat yourself by upgrading the outbound leg of your flight to enjoy the benefits of the departure lounge at Heathrow and the lie-flat bed for your overnight flight. These are some of the highlights of Club World travel:
- your own spacious suite for working or relaxing
- a seat that converts into a 183cm fully flat bed, complete with memory foam headrest and quilted blanket
- luxury amenity kit with Elemis skincare products and accessories
- delicious food and drink with flexible dining options
- access to private departure and arrival lounges and luxurious spa treatments
- dedicated check-in desks and priority boarding
- personal 10.4in flat screen and noise-cancelling headphones
- more baggage than you can carry
The ultimate in luxury, elegance and satisfaction, your First suite is a haven of style and comfort where sophisticated and contemporary British design meets impeccable service and attention to detail.
- your own private, spacious suite
- turn your seat into a 198cm (6ft 6in) fully flat bed with a luxurious quilted mattress, crisp white cotton duvet and pillow while you slip into a pair of our wonderfully soft cotton pyjamas delicious and indulgent dining
- 15in screen and noise-cancelling headphones
- dedicated power supply for charging electronics
- access to luxurious departure and arrival lounges and spa treatments
- fast track security at London Heathrow and London Gatwick
- fast track arrivals at London Heathrow
- priority boarding
- freshen up at any time with their range of premium skincare products including eye gel, lip balm and moisturiser which come in our signature Anya Hindmarch bag, exclusively designed for First.
- dedicated check-in desks for First customers at most airports
- more baggage than you can carry
- complimentary concierge service at Heathrow Terminal 5
We are all excited about the new Airbus A-380 service to Johannesburg. Anyone who has flown the A-380 is dazzled by it's design, spaciousness, and state-of-the-art comfort.
British Airways will commence service to it's third city, Johannesburg on February 12th this year. Find out what all the fuss is about.
Upgrade offers to Cape Town
One way outbound upgrade from London Heathrow to Cape Town:
- Upgrade from Economy to World Traveller Plus from +£475
- Upgrade from Economy to Club World from +£1195
- Upgrade from Economy to First from +£1610
Prices are per person for one leg of direct flight. Subject to change and availability until the time of booking. Includes all taxes and booking fees. Promotional airfares require a minimum hotel stay for validity.Enquire
Upgrade offers to Johannesburg
One way outbound upgrade from London Heathrow to Johannesburg:
- Upgrade from Economy to World Traveller Plus from +£418
- Upgrade from Economy to Club World from +£948
- Upgrade from Economy to First from +£1198
Ask about British Airways' Airbus A-380 service on this route.
Prices are per person for one leg of direct flight. Subject to change and availability until the time of booking. Includes all taxes and booking fees. Promotional airfares require a minimum hotel stay for validity.