Anantara Medjumbe Private Island
A romantic island retreat, this gem is just one kilometre long and is surrounded by perfect white sand and clear turquoise seas.
Accommodation is in elegantly proportioned chalets strung out along the beach, each with its own large deck, outdoor shower and private plunge pool. The ocean is straight in front of you and it provides wonderfully fresh ingredients for the imaginative chef. Barefoot luxury could have been invented here.
Quirimbas Archipelago, Mozambique
- Honeymoon heaven
- Small and unspoilt
- Diving and snorkelling
- Deep sea fishing
- Sunset cruises and whale watching
Very private, and similar in concept to the Maldives, with a circular walk of the island possible in just half an hour. Particularly recommended for honeymooners and those waiting to escape the hordes, the chalets are very spacious and the plunge pools very inviting.
Medjumbe Private Island
- Lounge / Bar
- Swimming Pool
- Loft overlooking the Indian Ocean, with magnificent views of the bay
- Wireless internet connection
One Restaurant with an inside and outside deck and veranda
- Beach Chalet Queen
- Beach Chalet Twin
- Snorkelling and Scuba Diving - PADI
- Sport Fishing
- Water skiing/Knee and Wake boarding
- Complimentary non-motorised water sports including kayaks and wind surfers
- Excursions to Quissanga Island for a picnic lunch
Medjumbe's really quite an adult environment – it's not a place for young children