Set on its own private island and built entirely by hand in partnership with the local community, The ultra-luxurious Azura Benguerra has just 20 spacious ’beach-chic’ designer villas, each with their own private pool stretching out to the Indian Ocean beyond, and located a few steps from the pristine white sand beach. For the ultimate luxury experience, we recommend booking the three bedroom presidential villa, which has its own beachfront location for complete seclusion and privacy. It has a magnificent master suite, as well as 2 further en-suite bedrooms, and is perfect for a family stay. There is a vast infinity pool, great entertaining space from the lounge bar to the treehouse deck, and a private chef and Mozambican villa host for the ultimate in personalised service during your stay.
When it comes to activities, you are spoilt for choice at the Azura. Snorkel or dive the magnificent reefs that are home to the turtles that nest nearby. Try your hand at fishing, the waters off Azura offer a variety of reef and big game fish, as well as saltwater fly-fishing for the enthusiast. Sail on their dhow – a traditional Arabic sailing vessel common throughout the Indian Ocean, go island hopping, or cruise to deserted beaches. Swim up to dolphins, which are regular visitors to their beach, or track down humpback whales on their migration past the island’s shores.
Benguerra Island, Mozambique
- Dolphin, whale and dugong-spotting
- Dhow cruises, scuba diving & snorkelling
- Turtle nesting programme
- Family accommodation
The original Azura, and a genuinely world-class and stylish resort. Unluckily hit twice by bushfire in recent years, it has risen each time like a phoenix from the flames, with the uber-luxurious Presidential Villa the true star. Transfers from the mainland are by helicopter – a wonderful way to begin any stay here.
- Multinational plug points
- Media room for those needing TV and internet access
- Each villa is provided with a telephone with access to Azura’s internal telephone lines.
- Wireless internet access compatible with most laptops and smart phones
- The Jellyfish restaurant
- Private Deck/Villa
- Secluded spots
Each is just footsteps from the beach, yet designed with seclusion in mind. Nestled amidst indigenous gardens, they have created a peaceful sanctuary. A haven of rest and relaxation, where you can feel at one with the environment. A fusion of indoor and outdoor space where time becomes your own.
- Beach Villa
- Luxury Beach Villas
- Infinity Beach Villas
- Villa Amizade
- Presidential Villa
- Scuba Diving - they have a PADI 5 Star centre, with dedicated dive training pool
- Guided snorkelling trips
- Island visits, including the recommended Island Hop
- Guided tours of the island and its natural beauty, as well as visits to the community and school
- Visits to Vilanculos and its market
- Deep sea fishing in a custom built boat
- Shore based fishing
- Leisure flips in the Helicopter to various destinations
- Horse riding
- Dhow sailing and sunset cruises
- Guided marine shore walks
- Star gazing events
- Beach walks with a picnic
- Beach picnic and private dining
- Guided bird watching / walking trails
- Dolphin sightings (year round)
- Dugong sightings
- Whale sightings (in season, June-Oct)
- Cultural encounters
Azura is a wonderful place for a family holiday, with Villa Amizade and the Presidential Villa being the best choice. Whilst they don’t have the traditional kids and activity clubs you find in larger hotels, they offer a host of activities for children and families to participate in. Their focus is on the amazing pristine environment here at Azura. There is so much to experience and learn about. Children can enjoy seeing interesting marine life above and below the water, search for pansy shells on an island that appears at low tide, experience cultural encounters, climb dunes, look for crocodiles, taste the island’s fruits or play soccer with the local team.
Tip - younger children should dine ‘in villa’ to respect the privacy of our other guests, and the chef will meet with you on arrival to discuss any particular dietary needs you may have.
- Save 50% on your 7 night stay at the luxurious Azura Benguerra Resort in Mozambique when you visit between 1 November and 14 December 2016 and between 6 January and 31 March 2017 with this fantastic special offer.
*Terms & conditions apply.