Madikwe Safari Lodge
An extraordinary collection of lodges where the Kalahari meets the bushveld in the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve.
The property consists of three lodges – Kopano, Dithaba and Lelapa, all within a short distance of each other and yet all totally private. Dithaba and Kopano each have just four spacious suites and every one has its own private plunge pool, while Lelapa has twelve, again each with a private plunge pool. All are also equipped with a gym in a basket – a set of weights, an exercise mat and a core strengthening ring – in an attempt to try to combat the effects of the superb cuisine!
Madikwe Game Reserve
- Private staff and rangers in the two smaller lodges
- Twice daily game drives
- Village tours
- Guided bush walks
This is actually a collection of three separate lodges rather than just the one. Try to book Dithaba or Kopano, as these offer private staff and rangers, and have just four suites each. The village tours offered are not clichéd and are worth a morning or afternoon.
Madikwe Safari Lodge
A Morning with Wild Dogs
- Game drives and trackers
- Boma dining
- Kids club
There is a communal area for dining at the Boma. It’s a great way to meet other travellers and swap stories (and maybe pictures) of your daily safaris and experiences. Private dinners can also be set up, and is a great chance to enjoy some intimate time, and you’ll get unrivalled views of the starry skies.
Each lodge is equally different. They are arranged in such a way that makes it suited to your needs. Whether you are going on a fun filled family break, a group of friends or want something slightly more private, they provide it. The rooms are spacious and decorated in a way which showcases their African heritage and displays the fantastic scenery in the perfect way – with private decks.
- Lelapa ‘Family’ Lodge
- Kopano ‘Small Gathering’ Lodge
- Dithaba ‘Mountain’ Lodge
- Game drives (AM and PM)
- Bush orienteering
- Bug CSI
- Dung tracking
- Cookery lessons
- Star gazing
- Games night
- Home cinema nights (popcorn included)
- Bird watching
Children are very much welcome at Madikwe Safari Lodge and they do provide a ‘kids club’ called Madikwe Cubz which is located in the ECO HOUSE. There are however some rules for families:
- No walks for kids under 16 years of age
- Unfortunately no safari drives for kids under the age of two years and kids between two and six are only allowed on the late morning family safari drives
- Family safaris will not be taken into close sightings of lion and elephant
- Families who book a private vehicle can go on safari drives anytime. However, there is a surcharge for this and this vehicle is subject to availability