Luxury Mozambique Holidays
A former Portuguese colony, Mozambique is renowned for the magnificence of its white sand and pristine beaches which edge the Indian Ocean.
A true Robinson Crusoe hideaway, it is the ideal holiday combination with a safari. Hedonists will simply enjoy soaking up the sun on the beaches while the more active will snorkel or dive – indeed head for the Bazaruto Archipelago National Park for some of the best snorkelling and diving. It is also the ideal place for big game fishing, whilst the Quirimbas Archipelago in the north of the country now boasts some of the world’s finest island hideaways. For a different perspective on the country head for the Lugenda Wildlife Reserve, a vast untouched expanse bursting with wildlife, while those looking for fun should explore Maputo and Pemba. Maputo is a great mix of European architecture with all the vividness of Africa, with its wide boulevards, colourful markets, pavement cafes and vibrant nightlife, whilst Pemba is a slightly raffish coastal town with some good cafes, bars and markets. The almost-deserted Ibo Island is also fascinating, conjuring images of Zanzibar’s Stone Town or Kenya’s Lamu.
Book Your Mozambique Holiday Today. Call us on 020 7843 3500 or Enquire here.
- Island hop amongst the Bazaruto Archipelago
- Spot the elusive dugong (sea elephant)
- Take a sunset cruise on a dhow
- Enjoy a lobster supper in Maputo
- Marvel at world-class dive sites
- Dry season – November to March
- Wet season – April to October
- Marine life (diving is fantastic here)
- Proboscidea – African Bush Elephant, Chlorocebus Monkey, Manatees and Dugongs
- Capital – Maputo
- Currency – Mozambique Metical
- Point of Entry – Maputo, Vilanculos, Pemba, Nampula, Beira
- Airlines – South African Airways via Johannesburg, Kenya Airways via Nairobi
- Flying Time – 1 hour from Johannesburg
- Time Zone – GMT +2
- Visa on arrival
- Medical Requirements – Malaria prophylaxis recommended
- If staying in Maputo order peri-peri chicken- the inspiration for Nando’s!
- Get your visa in advance as it is no longer possible to obtain it on arrival
- When staying in the Quirimbas Archipelago, try to include a day trip to Ibo Island
- For a completely different experience, travel by road from the Kruger National Park to Maputo
- When waiting at Vilanculos airport, try the rooftop café for great views and plane-spotting.
When to go
- May to November are the best months to visit the islands
- The best game-viewing months are August & September
- Avoid the Bazaruto Archipelago during cyclone season in January & February
Days: 11 | From: $7,240 per person based on 2 people sharingMarriage is the perfect union of two souls, a coming together in total harmony, and a safari and beach honeymoon combination is an equally perfect coupling. So this itinerary has been created to blend the safari adventure in South Africa and lazy abandonment on the sandy white beaches of Mozambique....
Days: 14 | From: $9,102 per person based on 2This itinerary combines beach and safari covering remote lodges and camps with amazing game viewing in Tanzania and pristine beaches in Mozambique. You'll experience exclusive game drives, exciting bush walks and boat trips and view a huge variety of animal and birdlife. Here your...