Zimbabwe's largest National Park is home to one of Africa's biggest elephant populations and covers 14,600 square kilometres of sandy Kalahari soil, grassland and woodland. Once the royal hunting grounds, today a network of manmade and natural waterholes sustain the large numbers of wildlife including Hwange's famous elephant herds and equally impressive buffalo herds many hundreds strong; in addition to predators such as lions and cheetahs and antelope including sable and roan.
This is also one of the finest places in Africa to experience game viewing on foot. Zimbabwe's guides are renowned as being the best in Africa and guided walks open up a whole new perspective on the bush allowing you to examine plants and insects, follow tracks and exhilarate in approaching big game on foot, one of the undoubted pleasures of visiting Hwange.
Over 100 species of mammal are recorded in Hwange inclucing elephant, buffalo, lion, cheetah, wild dog, sable, roan, giraffe. There are over 420 bird species in Hwange making it an ideal destination for bird watching enthusiasts who can spend time in a hide overlooking a waterhole to watch as birds come down to drink; or on game drives through the woodland where many species nest.
Book Your Hwange Holiday Today. Call us on 020 7843 3500 or Enquire here
- One of Africa's great National Parks & Zimbabwe's oldest
- Huge numbers of elephants throughout the park, as well as the rare Sable & Roan Antelope
- Walking safaris allow a different wildlife viewing perspective
- Book an Elephant Express transfer when staying in the south and enjoy a game watching train ride through the wilderness
April to November - dry season, peak game viewing time and high concentrations of elephants
December to March - rainy season with green landscapes, migrant birds and young animals
- Hwange has some of the best green season (December to March) game viewing in Southern Africa.
- If you are feeling adventurous a number of camps offer the chance to sleep out under the stars.
- There are some great family friendly lodge options in Hwange that allow you to share the safari experience with the whole family
Days: 10 | From: £4,199 per person based on two sharingThis is the perfect luxury holiday to get you under the skin of Zimbabwe. Combining the best of both worlds, you can enjoy spectacular game viewing at Hwange National Park and witness the beauty of Lake Kariba, all to be topped off by the mighty Victoria Falls. So make sure the camera is c...
Days: 12 | From: £3,820 per person based on two sharingAn extraordinary trip highlighting Zimbabwe’s must see destinations – visit the mighty Victoria Falls, go on safari in Hwange National Park and witness a magnificent sunset at the iconic Lake Kariba. Brief Overview: 3 nights Victoria Falls Hotel 3 nights Somalisa Camp 3 ni...
Days: 12 | From: £3,695 per person based on sharingThis exciting itinerary takes you from the banks of the Zambezi River to the far corner of the Hwange National Park, exploring the largest game reserve in the country. Brief Overview: 3 nights Zambezi Sands River Camp 3 nights Nehimba Lodge 3 nights Camelthorn Lodge 2 overnight flights
Days: 12 | From: £3,695 per person based on sharingFor those looking to explore different areas of Zimbabwe, this is the itinerary for you. Camp Amalinda is an African inspired refuge, where world-class facilities combine with the spiritual energy, allure and unique beauty, for which the Matobo Hills is so celebrated. Khulu Ivory, &ld...
Days: 11 | From: £3,270 per person based on two sharingThis exciting itinerary takes you to two of Africa’s biggest safari destinations, Zimbabwe and Botswana. After an incredible safari in Zimbabwe’s Hwange National Park, you enjoy a visit to one of the seven natural wonders of the world – The Victoria Falls. Your stay here can be as ...
Days: 11 | From: £4,380 per person based on two people sharingZimbabwe is a superb but often underrated destination and this itinerary showcases its highlights. Marvel at Victoria Falls, one of the world’s most impressive waterfalls and then head off on safari to Hwange National Park, famed for its elephants and walking safaris, and finally to the ...
Days: 13 | From: £7,995 per person based on two people sharingSee the best of Zambia and Zimbabwe whilst on this exclusive 13-day luxury safari. Along the way you will get to stay at some truly exceptional properties, enjoy incredible game viewing and witness the majesty and power of the Victoria Falls. A truly once in a lifetime holiday.Brief O...
Why book with us
Why choose us?
- Best price guarantee
- First hand knowledge
- 100% Tailor-made
- Unbiased advice
- Local contacts world-wide
- Exclusive deals
- We offer 24 hour emergency assistance, providing peace of mind
- Offices in both the UK & South Africa
Our value promise
- Whether you seek a spectacular safari holiday, a blissful beach break, a cultural escapade, or something else entirely, there is no one better equipped to deal with your requests than Africa Travel. With over 30 years of experience in crafting bespoke itineraries, we know exactly what it takes to make your next African adventure special and always go above and beyond to exceed expectations.
Our first-hand experience combines with our careful attention to detail and unquenchable passion for all things Africa to ensure that we deliver the perfect holiday every time, get in touch today to begin planning yours.
Your Holiday Protection
- All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. Our ATOL number is 3384. For more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
Speak to an Africa Travel Expert
- All our African holidays are bespoke experiences, tailored to your unique requirements. For more details call 020 7843 3500 or enquire here.