Belmond Eagle Island Lodge
Belmond Eagle Island Lodge in Botswana’s Okavango Delta is the ultimate luxury safari paradise.
Situated on remote Xaxaba island among a web of waterways and lush vegetation, it overlooks a lagoon that attracts a breathtaking variety of big game and exotic birds. Explore the region by local canoe, set out on a game drive or roam on foot.
A wonderful secluded retreat, Belmond Eagle Island Camp offers a safari vacation that brings together the excitement of discovery and an experience of the real Africa: this is the spirit of Belmond through and through.
- Unique island location in the Okavango Delta
- One of the most romantic bars in the world
- Over 400 species of bird in the area
A Belmond lodge where the tents are air-conditioned and are far removed from many people’s perceptions of what a tent is. A drink in the bar, which is located on its own island, is a must here but the major selling point are the helicopter safaris which operate from the camp – a magnificent way of seeing the scale of the Okavango Delta below.
Belmond Eagle Island Lodge
- Al fresco dining overlooking the lagoon
- Bar and lounge area featuring uninterrupted views of the delta
- Fire pit under the stars
- Private rim-flow plunge pool in each tented room
- Internet access from the main lounge
- Same day laundry service
- The romantic Fish Eagle Bar, perfect for views of the African sunset
- Curio shop with safari wear, local art and crafts
- Small reference library
- 24 hour emergency facilities and communications
- Private airstrip and helipad
With incredible views cross the Okavango Delta and delicious food to match, the dining experience at Belmond Eagle Island Lodge is one to remember. Dine in the open-air or under our covered area and watch the Botswana sun set across the water lily filled waters.
Each of the lodge's 12 spacious tents has its own private deck and plunge pool, the perfect place from which to admire the scenery of the Okavango Delta.
The interiors are unlike any lodge on the Delta, light and bright with modern touches.
In-room amenities include a deep day bed, large desk, fully-stocked mini bar and air conditioning. The en-suite bathrooms feature a walled outdoor shower with a window looking onto the Delta, a large indoor bathtub and walk-in wardrobe.
- Helicopter Safaris
- Walking Safaris
- Mokoro Canoe Safaris
- Bird watching
- Village life
Children 8 years old and above are welcomed
Book this property with us and enjoy the following special offers:
- Stay 3 consecutive nights at the Belmond Eagle during the shoulder season and receive your 4th night at either Belmond Khwai River Lodge or Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge for FREE.
Stay three consecutive nights or more at any of Belmond Safari's Lodges and receive 25% discount.
*Terms and Conditions apply