Ibo Island Lodge
Voted as one of the most magical islands in the world and nominated for World Heritage status, a visit here is like stepping back in history.
Accommodation is in renovated old colonial villas and every room, although different, faces either the beach or the garden. The hotel has a large swimming pool, pretty gardens and charming service, with a rooftop bar the perfect location from which to enjoy a cocktail as the sun sets. For those seeking further adventure, overnight dhow cruises are available to deserted islands.
- Sandbank beach excursions
- Tours of Ibo Island
- Snorkelling and diving
- Overnight dhow cruises
A wonderful refuge on an extraordinary island, where time has seemed to stop. Do not expect nightlife, and local restaurant and bars, but do be prepared to be enamoured by a real-life African time capsule. Ask your guide to show you the ledgers in the derelict customs office - piled high to the ceiling and abandoned, left to fade in the sun.
- 2 x swimming pools
- Air-con & Ceiling fans in the bedrooms
- Hairdryers on request
- Roof Terrace
The restaurant and bar is situated on the roof terrace of the Bela Vista Mansion facing west for unforgettable sunsets and affording spectacular views over the bay. Cuisine combines Mozambican and world inspired influences with the freshest of seafood. Romantic and private dinners are served in a number of locations.
- Double Sea Facing Room
- Double Garden Facing Room
- Twin Garden Facing Room
- Large windows for sea breeze
- King size extra length hand crafted bed with mosquito net (twin beds are also available)
- Indigenous teak and mahogany handcrafted furniture
- Solid mahogany wardrobe with hangers
- “chest” safe with lock
- Brass & antique fittings
- Linen gown for use whilst at the lodge
- A range of Ibo guest amenities
- Hair dryer on request
- Water flasks in the rooms
- Morning tea & coffee wake up service brought to room
- Mobile Island Hopping Safaris
- Beach Excursions
- Quirimbas Island Tour
- Scuba Diving
- Historical and cultural tours
- Nature and bird walk
- Massage treatments
- Silver Jewellery Project
- Mogundula Island
There is no kids club, however children are welcomed. However this is seen as a grown up destination.