Luxury Rail Journey Holidays
For those wishing to experience a bygone era lived aboard a luxurious train journey, taking travellers through the spectacular African countryside in style, an African train holiday is perfect. With staff serving you select wines and cuisines from the region, watch the sun setting on the Great Rift Valley as you traverse across this enigmatically diverse country.
A variety of spectacular passages are on offer from voyages from both Cape Town & the Victoria Falls to Pretoria, or through Kwa Zulu Natal to Durban and from Dar es Salaam to Cape Town. Step off your train to enjoy a Safari experience for a few nights, before you get back on the train to continue your journey.
Some of the most popular train journey across Africa are on the Marrakech Express, The Blue Train, The Desert Express, The Pride of Africa, and we can arrange a holiday for you on board any of these. The emphasis is on style, grandeur and service, ensuring an unforgettable experience.
Luxury Rail Journey Holidays Ideas
- 2 nights Greater Kruger National Park
- 1 night Johannesburg
- 1 night Blue Train
- 3 nights Cape Town
- 2 nights Hermanus
- 2 nights Franschhoek
- 2 overnight flights
This is the perfect itinerary for train and history enthusiasts as not only do you get to sleep and travel for three days on one of the most luxurious trains in the world, but you also have the chance to take a tour of the yard before boarding the train. Once you get to Victoria Falls a historical tour of the railway bridge as well as a late afternoon journey on the Bushtracks Express steam train are included.
- 1 night Pretoria
- 3 nights onboard Rovos Rail
- 3 nights Victoria Falls Hotel
- 2 overnight flights
This epic 19-day train journey travels through South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Tanzania. Beginning in Dar es Salaam, the luxury train traverses the Selous Game Reserve before descending into the Great Rift Valley and reaching the Zambian border. After crossing Zambia, the train continues onto Zimbabwe and Botswana before finally reaching South Africa for the last leg of the journey.
Why book with us
Why choose Africa Travel?
- Best price guarantee
- First hand knowledge
- 100% Tailor-made
- Unbiased advice
- Local contacts world-wide
- Exclusive deals
- We offer 24 hour emergency assistance, providing peace of mind
- Offices in both the UK & South Africa
Our value promise
- Whether you seek a spectacular safari holiday, a blissful beach break, a cultural escapade, or something else entirely, there is no one better equipped to deal with your requests than Africa Travel. With over 30 years of experience in crafting bespoke itineraries, we know exactly what it takes to make your next African adventure special and always go above and beyond to exceed expectations.
Our first-hand experience combines with our careful attention to detail and unquenchable passion for all things Africa to ensure that we deliver the perfect holiday every time, get in touch today to begin planning yours.
Your Holiday Protection
- All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. Our ATOL number is 3384. For more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
Speak to an Africa Travel Expert
- All our African holidays are bespoke experiences, tailored to your unique requirements. For more details call 020 7843 3500 or enquire here.