Mivumo River Lodge
High above the plunging torrents of Stiegler’s Gorge and on the banks of the Rufiji River the lodge houses a collection of luxury suites, each with a wide viewing deck, outdoor shower and private plunge pool.
The Selous Game Reserve is a World Heritage Site and is largely undiscovered even though it is the largest expanse of game reserve in Africa – all 55,000 square kilometres of it. This space takes in savannah, lakes, rivers and deltas, with Mivumo the perfect base from which to explore it all, on foot, by boat and by safari vehicle.
Selous Game Reserve
- Game drives
- River cruises
- Nature trails
- Body and beauty treatments
- Bush dinners
Mivumo River Lodge is set on the banks of the Rufiji River, and the existence of very few other safari lodges in the area makes it perfect for both the first-timer and for the safari aficionado. As the Selous is linked by a short flight to Zanzibar, a Tanzanian bush and beach combination holiday is easily achievable.
The views from the suites’ plunge pools are very impressive.
Mivumo River Lodge
- Each with private sundeck and plunge pool
- Luxury bathrooms with al fresco showers
- Central dining room with magnificent views
- Safari bar with river view
- Library and lounge
Slightly raised on timber decks above the famous Rufiji River, the open-sided dining room offers a selection of exclusive seating areas, an elegant library, a charming lounge and a safari bar. All overlook the river with uninterrupted views of the hippos, elephants and crocodiles that congregate on its banks.
12 traditionally thatched chalets scatter the property. With private river view decks and intimate plunge pools, it’s the perfect spot for true escapism. When it comes to bathroom, take your pick between your en suite with impressive foot and claw bath tub, or opt for the natural way of things with an outdoor shower.
- Morning and evening game drives
- All day game drives
- Guided nature walks
- Game viewing Rufiji river boat cruise
- Sand bank sundowner
No children under the age of 12 years.
- Family game drives in their custom-built open-sided safari vehicles, which are ideal for children
- Family boat safaris
- Family breakfasts in the reserve
- Guided walks, bird spotting and cultural tours
- Cultural dancing and heritage displays
- They can also arrange for culturally-interactive trips to local villages and/or schools.