Selous Serena Camp
Situated on the Zema River are 12 luxury tents each with crystal chandeliers, opulent rugs and elegant furniture.
Game and bird viewing in the area is spectacular, particularly as the intricate waterways and tributaries of the Rufiji River Delta attract a great number of elephant, hippo, plains game and more than 440 species of bird. A wide selection of game viewing opportunities is available in this vast and untouched wilderness.
Selous Game Reserve
- Sundowner cruises
- Game drives
- Sandbank picnics
- Visits to hot springs
- Guided walks
In the largest game reserve in Africa, guests staying here will struggle to see any other visitors when on a game drive, bush walk or river cruise. The luxury tents are very opulent and when staying here request a trip to the local hot springs followed by a sandbank picnic – a nice alternative to the ‘standard’ game drive.
Selous Serena Camp
- Ensuite bathrooms (with Victorian tub, shower, WC hot and cold running water and electricity).
- Central dining room with magnificent views
- Infinity pool and sundeck
- Extensive selection of activities
The camp has a separate dining area and guest lounge overlooking the natural watering hole which is also lit in the evenings for night viewings. This is all complemented by an outside viewing deck and swimming pool. Slightly raised on timber decks , the open-sided dining room offers a selection of exclusive seating areas, an elegant library, a charming lounge and a safari bar.
The camp comprises of 12 well appointed tents positioned under individually grass-thatched structures, luxuriously furnished with adjoining colonial bathrooms. All the tents are well positioned to offer optimum game viewing as well as privacy and exclusivity. All the tents are set on a wooden deck under a thatch covering. A highlight of the tents has to be the beautiful Victorian claw-foot bath, showcasing the view while you soak in the bubbles. Also - opulent rugs and crystal chandeliers comes as standard too.
- Morning and evening game drives.
- All day game drives with a visit to the hot springs.
- Guided nature walks.
- Game viewing boat cruises.
- Sundowner cruises.
- Bush and sand bank picnics.
- Bird watching excursions.
- Beauty treatment and massage services.
Due to the unique nature of the camp, they do not consider it suited to children under the age of seven.
The camp offers its own swimming pool (supervised by a qualified life-guard but not suited to small children other than under parental supervision). They also offer a wide selection of board-games and books on Africa and the wilderness. Their professional nature guides also offer nightly talks and video presentations on wildlife.
- Family game drives in their custom-built open-sided safari vehicles
- Family boat safaris
- Family breakfasts in the reserve
- Guided walks, bird spotting and cultural tours
- Cultural dancing and heritage displays
- They can also arrange for culturally-interactive trips to local villages and/or schools.
Days: 8 | From: £3,240 per person based on two sharingEmbark on an adventure which takes you on a luxury safari across the Serengeti and Selous. With unique accommodation to call home as well as daily game drives it'll be a safari packed full of excitement. Time it right and our experts can plan your once in a lifetime trip to witness the grea...