Luxury Mozambique Holidays
A former Portuguese colony, Mozambique is renowned for the magnificence of its white sand and pristine beaches which edge the Indian Ocean.
A true Robinson Crusoe hideaway, it is the ideal holiday combination with a safari. Hedonists will simply enjoy soaking up the sun on the beaches while the more active will snorkel or dive – indeed head for the Bazaruto Archipelago National Park for some of the best snorkelling and diving. It is also the ideal place for big game fishing, whilst the Quirimbas Archipelago in the north of the country now boasts some of the world’s finest island hideaways. For a different perspective on the country head for the Lugenda Wildlife Reserve, a vast untouched expanse bursting with wildlife, while those looking for fun should explore Maputo and Pemba. Maputo is a great mix of European architecture with all the vividness of Africa, with its wide boulevards, colourful markets, pavement cafes and vibrant nightlife, whilst Pemba is a slightly raffish coastal town with some good cafes, bars and markets. The almost-deserted Ibo Island is also fascinating, conjuring images of Zanzibar’s Stone Town or Kenya’s Lamu.
Book Your Mozambique Holiday Today. Call us on 020 7843 3500 or Enquire here.
- Island hop amongst the Bazaruto Archipelago
- Spot the elusive dugong (sea elephant)
- Take a sunset cruise on a dhow
- Enjoy a lobster supper in Maputo
- Marvel at world-class dive sites
- Dry season – November to March
- Wet season – April to October
- Marine life (diving is fantastic here)
- Proboscidea – African Bush Elephant, Chlorocebus Monkey, Manatees and Dugongs
- Capital – Maputo
- Currency – Mozambique Metical
- Point of Entry – Maputo, Vilanculos, Pemba, Nampula, Beira
- Airlines – South African Airways via Johannesburg, Kenya Airways via Nairobi
- Flying Time – 1 hour from Johannesburg
- Time Zone – GMT +2
- Visa on arrival
- Medical Requirements – Malaria prophylaxis recommended
- If staying in Maputo order peri-peri chicken- the inspiration for Nando’s!
- Get your visa in advance as it is no longer possible to obtain it on arrival
- When staying in the Quirimbas Archipelago, try to include a day trip to Ibo Island
- For a completely different experience, travel by road from the Kruger National Park to Maputo
- When waiting at Vilanculos airport, try the rooftop café for great views and plane-spotting.
When to go
- May to November are the best months to visit the islands
- The best game-viewing months are August & September
- Avoid the Bazaruto Archipelago during cyclone season in January & February
Days: 15 | From: £6,095 per person based on 2Brief overview: 4 nights at Azura Selous Game Reserve, Selous Game Reserve 1 night AVANI Pemba Beach Hotel & Spa, Northern Mozambique 7 nights Azura Quilalea Private Island, Quirimbas Archipelago 2 overnight flights
Days: 12 | From: £10,495 per person based on four people sharingCombine beach and bush for the ultimate luxury holiday to South Africa and Mozambique. Spend your days at one of South Africa's finest game reserves in search of Big Game with the knowledge you'll be returning back to ultra-luxurious accommodation. Then make your way over by helicopter ...
Why book with us
Why choose Africa Travel?
- Best price guarantee
- First hand knowledge
- 100% Tailor-made
- Unbiased advice
- Local contacts world-wide
- Exclusive deals
- We offer 24 hour emergency assistance, providing peace of mind
- Offices in both the UK & South Africa
Our value promise
- Whether you seek a spectacular safari holiday, a blissful beach break, a cultural escapade, or something else entirely, there is no one better equipped to deal with your requests than Africa Travel. With over 30 years of experience in crafting bespoke itineraries, we know exactly what it takes to make your next African adventure special and always go above and beyond to exceed expectations.
Our first-hand experience combines with our careful attention to detail and unquenchable passion for all things Africa to ensure that we deliver the perfect holiday every time, get in touch today to begin planning yours.
Your Holiday Protection
- All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. Our ATOL number is 3384. For more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
Speak to an Africa Travel Expert
- All our African holidays are bespoke experiences, tailored to your unique requirements. For more details call 020 7843 3500 or enquire here.