Just a few degrees south of the equator, Rwanda is a jewel of a land, from the deep emerald of its forests to the brilliant sapphire of its lakes.
Known as the land of a thousand hills, for wherever you look you will find hills, mountains and volcanoes towering above, it is also the place where Dian Fossey fought off poachers and politicians to save the deeply endangered African Mountain Gorilla. Now it is a country in recovery from the genocide which near devastated it, but its tourism and hospitality industry is already giving it a whole new lease of life.
Most visitors come to see the gorillas in the Parc National des Volcans and with the number of permits to view these gentle giants strictly limited these need to be arranged well in advance. The gorillas are a magnificent sight and one never forgotten, while the Parc itself is a dramatic chain of seven volcanoes which provide a border with both Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Aside from the gorillas, other primates can be tracked in the Nyungwe National Park, or time can be spent relaxing on the beaches of Lake Kivu.
Book Your Rwanda Holiday Today. Call us on 020 7843 3500 or Enquire here.
Our Rwanda Holiday Packages Include:
- Track the mountain gorilla
- Visit the genocide memorials
- Take a boat trip on Lake Kivu
- Spot chimps in Nyungwe
- Trek to Dian Fossey’s grave
- Dry Season – June to September (short dry season December to February)
- Green Season – March to May (short green season October to November)
- Famous African Mountain Gorilla, Grey crowned crane in Ruhengeri, Chimpanzees
- Capital – Kigali
- Currency – Rwandan Franc
- Point of Entry – Kigali
- Airlines – Kenya Airways via Nairobi
- Flying Time – 80 minutes from Nairobi
- Time Zone – GMT +2
- Visa on arrival
- Medical Requirements – Malaria prophylaxis & Yellow Fever vaccination recommended
When to go
- Gorilla-tracking is possible year-round but is most comfortable from June until September
- Spotting the chimps in Nyungwe is easiest in the rain season
- The driest months for the beach at Lake Kivu are June, July & August
- Take a memory stick when tracking the gorillas - you will take hundreds of photos
- Rwanda is perfect for those short of time; gorilla viewing can be completed within 24 hours of entering the country
- Don’t be afraid to take an evening stroll in Kigali; it is one of Africa’s safest cities
- Be prepared to walk to find the gorillas – it can take up-to seven hours to locate them
- However, in the green season the bamboo goes much lower down so you won't have to trek as far to catch a glimpse of them.
- Do consider nearby Lake Kivu for an easy, post-gorilla beach break
Days: 11 | From: £4,490 per person based on two sharingRwanda is comparatively small when you think of how impressively large Africa is. But don't let this fool you. Hugged on all sides of by other African nations it’s packed with a punch and delivers on every level. Witness the monkeys and olive baboons to scenic drives through national ...
Days: 12 | From: £4,860 per person based on two sharingThis is the ultimate voyage to discover the unique and beautiful Rwanda. From Chimpanzee and Gorilla treks to relaxing by the shores at Lake Kivu, this adventure will give you the 360 view to Rwanda with nothing spared. So don't forget to pack your hiking boots and swimwear you are off on a...
Days: 7 | From: £7,240 per person based on two people sharingThis is the ultimate voyage to discover the unique and beautiful mountain gorillas of Rwanda. Starting in the modern and cosmopolitan capital of Kigali, you will then be transferred to the ultra-luxurious Bisate Lodge to begin your gorilla trekking adventure. This is a once in a lifetime holiday tha...
Days: 10 | From: £10,650 per person based on two people sharingThis 10 day itinerary combines two once in a lifetime experiences; gorilla trekking in Rwanda's Volcano National Park and incredible game viewing in Tanzania's world famous Serengeti National Park. All of this while staying at some truly luxurious accommodation will ensure that your tr...
Why book with us
Why choose Africa Travel?
- Best price guarantee
- First hand knowledge
- 100% Tailor-made
- Unbiased advice
- Local contacts world-wide
- Exclusive deals
- We offer 24 hour emergency assistance, providing peace of mind
- Offices in both the UK & South Africa
Our value promise
- Whether you seek a spectacular safari holiday, a blissful beach break, a cultural escapade, or something else entirely, there is no one better equipped to deal with your requests than Africa Travel. With over 30 years of experience in crafting bespoke itineraries, we know exactly what it takes to make your next African adventure special and always go above and beyond to exceed expectations.
Our first-hand experience combines with our careful attention to detail and unquenchable passion for all things Africa to ensure that we deliver the perfect holiday every time, get in touch today to begin planning yours.
Your Holiday Protection
- All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. Our ATOL number is 3384. For more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
Speak to an Africa Travel Expert
- All our African holidays are bespoke experiences, tailored to your unique requirements. For more details call 020 7843 3500 or enquire here.