Uganda, branded as The Pearl of Africa, is fast becoming a major tourist destination. Bordered by South Sudan, Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya and the Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda is probably best known for gorilla trekking – it is one of only three countries where you can visit the endangered mountain gorillas in their natural habitat. Also unique to the country are the tree climbing lions that can be found in the Queen Elizabeth National Park.
In the south of the country, Lake Victoria can be found – Uganda is part of the African Great Lakes region, and lies within the Nile Basin. It also has 60 protected areas including two UNESCO World Heritage Sights.
Book Your Uganda Holiday Today. Call us on 020 7843 3500 or Enquire here.
- Gorilla trekking
- Hippo cruises
- Game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park
Despite being on the equator, Uganda’s weather is quite temperate due to its altitude.
- Dry - December to February, June to August
- Wet - March to May, September to November
- Endagered mountain gorillas
- Tree climbing lions
- Capital – Kampala
- Currency – Ugandan Shilling
- Point of Entry – Entebbe
- Airlines – British Airways, Emirates, Ethiopian Airlines
- Flying Time – Around 12 hours from London, depending on stop-overs
- Time Zone – GMT + 3
- Visa required
- Medical Requirements – Yellow Fever vaccination
Why book with us
Why choose Africa Travel?
- Best price guarantee
- First hand knowledge
- 100% Tailor-made
- Unbiased advice
- Local contacts world-wide
- Exclusive deals
- We offer 24 hour emergency assistance, providing peace of mind
- Offices in both the UK & South Africa
Our value promise
- Whether you seek a spectacular safari holiday, a blissful beach break, a cultural escapade, or something else entirely, there is no one better equipped to deal with your requests than Africa Travel. With over 30 years of experience in crafting bespoke itineraries, we know exactly what it takes to make your next African adventure special and always go above and beyond to exceed expectations.
Our first-hand experience combines with our careful attention to detail and unquenchable passion for all things Africa to ensure that we deliver the perfect holiday every time, get in touch today to begin planning yours.
Your Holiday Protection
- All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. Our ATOL number is 3384. For more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
Speak to an Africa Travel Expert
- All our African holidays are bespoke experiences, tailored to your unique requirements. For more details call 020 7843 3500 or enquire here.